
With the crazy hours I work each week, I've resorted to listening to books on Cd to help make the workload a little more bearable.
I kind of threw it out there as an idea and was fortunate to find out that my supervisor had a NUMBER of books on cd and she kindly let me start on her Harry Potter series!
I had already read all 7 books years ago (LIKE WHO HASN'T!?!?)... but it is a great refresher and I can't wait to get started on something else or NEW.
*****************
I've also been invited to join a book club started by Mrs. Sifo Taatiti - and already we are off to a GREAT START!!!...
If any of you have the time to or are just looking to find a good piece of literature to dive in to.... then I suggest reading "The Last Child", by John Hart.
I really liked it. And our 1st book club meeting to discuss it opened up so much more depth to the story than I imagined.
Our next reading selection is 'The Time Traveler's Wife" (i think) - and it corresponds with the release of it's cinematic version also titled after the novel. -and by the looks of it - I think I'm going to like the movie already!!!
Anyhow - please feel free to recommend some of the great books you've read so that I can start adding to my library at home!
Some personal favorites: 'The Pearl', by John Steinbeck; The Work And The Glory Series, by Gerald N. Lund; 'The 12th Night', William Shakespeare; The Twilight Saga, by Stephenie Meyer; and more to come!
Happy reading folks!
I kind of threw it out there as an idea and was fortunate to find out that my supervisor had a NUMBER of books on cd and she kindly let me start on her Harry Potter series!
I had already read all 7 books years ago (LIKE WHO HASN'T!?!?)... but it is a great refresher and I can't wait to get started on something else or NEW.
*****************
I've also been invited to join a book club started by Mrs. Sifo Taatiti - and already we are off to a GREAT START!!!...
If any of you have the time to or are just looking to find a good piece of literature to dive in to.... then I suggest reading "The Last Child", by John Hart.
I really liked it. And our 1st book club meeting to discuss it opened up so much more depth to the story than I imagined.
Our next reading selection is 'The Time Traveler's Wife" (i think) - and it corresponds with the release of it's cinematic version also titled after the novel. -and by the looks of it - I think I'm going to like the movie already!!!
Anyhow - please feel free to recommend some of the great books you've read so that I can start adding to my library at home!
Some personal favorites: 'The Pearl', by John Steinbeck; The Work And The Glory Series, by Gerald N. Lund; 'The 12th Night', William Shakespeare; The Twilight Saga, by Stephenie Meyer; and more to come!
Happy reading folks!
3 comments:
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
omg everytime i go get a book fr the library i always end up reading half of it and not finishing...the only books that got my attention span last year were the twilight series and Khaled Hosseini's novels THE KITE RUNNER and A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS, in that order. i joined a site called GOODREADS and have constantly tried to read books recommended by friends, but none have impressed me as much as these titles. i did read time traveler's wife...halfway, lol...but yes the movie does look good...wondering if i should finish the book b4 watching it...
Have you bought your copy yet? I will order mine through amazon on Friday. Its pretty cheap. If you want I can order one for you too! by the way, I also read the kite runner, its really good. if you want to read it, I have it at home. K...let me know about the order..ttyl
Post a Comment