foto log

8/13/08

"54"..."steps"..."to the end of the year"

So I've been told to "update" my blog! How do you even start when nothing much is happening in and around my life!? =)...(atleast that's what I think!)

This past Monday (Aug 11th), my mom turned 54yrs old!!! I just got off the phone with her; wished her a happy belated birthday and then talked about how our lives were going. She's back in Samoa with my three younger siblings and life seems not that much different from ours here! The cost of living is affecting everyone and if you think YOU'RE struggling at the pump - - - Samoa's gas is in the $8-$10/Liter range! That may be in a weaker currency but people don't just fork out money like that for gas when it's convenient!.... So kiss that pump when you next fill up and thank your lucky stars you're not at a pump in Samoa! (though I wonder if they still have guys fill your tank for you...) ....

So anyway back to her birthday; they apparently had a blast... even though it was a lowkey type of party - - - and the best part was all the food they raved on and on about! (their menu consisted mostly of traditional delicacies which I won't go into for fear of not being able to do them any justice here... I'll just compare it to a traditional american Thanksgiving dinner! Yup it was THAT good! =)...


Also this week, Heiress decided that her days of being too lazy to walk are pretty much over! She shocked us all by taking a quick 5-6 steps a few days ago, before stumbling! Now she's just getting a bit TOO daring for my liking and "boy oh boy" my stairs are on a LOCK DOWN now!

I also just realized that it's the middle of August... which to me - means the year is over! -lol- ... Kinda like when Wednesday rolls around - "the week is over"... etc... (I just have a different way of thinking ahead by pushing up my calendar) - you should try it... It really puts you in a good mood when you think of the weekend or christmas waaaaay ahead of time!...haha....
So I guess I should get started with all the christmas decorations now!...:P

and in likewise fashion....seeing that tomorrow is Wednesday....
Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

2 comments:

kuaback said...

lol...habi weekending to you too...n jst to let you know,,ill be munching on dat samoan feast come xmas..(which is pretty soon in your calendar)hehe..while u freeze ur butt off in utard..hehe..but dnt worry, we;ll be joining u nxt xmas, (if youre still gonna b dea

luvs

Carsen and Lesina said...

hey you have a lot to write about. anyhow i guess the days really do go by pretty fast. christmas is like in 4 months. crazy but true. i just cant wait til august is through cuz it's hella hott here.