I think Sa has bad luck playing rugby when the girls and I are watching! (or any family for that matter)...
To prove my point - I have NEVER seen Sa play a game where his team won. Well that's not entirely true. I've seen ONE game where they won, BUT neither team scored a try and all they got points for were dropkicks or penalty kicks infront of the goal posts! So those don't really count! To add to that, I've also never watched any of his games where he wasn't already injured BEFORE the game, or where he didn't get injured DURING it! And the weirdest thing is that, whenever I DID miss a game - - - they would either WIN or LOSE playing a spectacular game where he would be part of winning plays or tries etc.... (no gloating intended or purposely implied here) - but it can get pretty frustrating!
This past weekend was a repeat of what happened at his last game I watched a few weeks ago. His right leg was just healing up nicely after a vein tore, and his nose is a bit crooked from a hard tackle during that earlier game! And after Saturday's performance, someone managed to kick his left leg (of all places!) - AND he was able to put on another bloody show with his nose after ANOTHER hard hit!
Well - - - you be the judge of this... I think I'm going to stay away from these games for a while with hopes that it'll help him! =)... (until I think the girls and I need some outdoors time =)
But then again - did I mention that the name of their team is "Bulldogs"?... Where in the world did they get that?... I would never associate "bulldogs" with a bunch of Samoan rugby players... To be perfectly honest, (and Sa might even wince at this note) - they played more like chihuahuas that day! ... haha... no seriously... They definitely had the feisty attitude and will to play and win... but they just didn't measure up! :P... Hopefully they can prove me wrong one day.
Well here are some shots I captured while we were at the game!
we were conveniently sitting next to the event security! (a.k.a Murray Police officers who got a big break from real crime by getting front row seats to rugby games!) Is it me, or is that other officer posing for my camera too? =)
Bulldogs team huddle. Sa's actually bent over... trying to soothe that kicked left shin!
Way to go USA!... Oh and before I forget - We managed to catch a glimpse of the finals in Womens' weightlifting and I'm proud to mention that an athlete from our very own Samoa placed FOURTH...just ONE point away from the bronze medal! Even though the commentators were a bit rude in saying that straight off the bat "she isn't expected to medal", or the fact that they turned her name into something that sounded like a hobbit town - - - she almost made it and she did one hell of a job against those bigger and better known contenders!... USA placed 6th by the way!... way to go!
I love
萨摩亚
(chinese characters for Samoa)
3 comments:
well i guess that is a hard decision to make. but hey im sure he does great when his family is watching him. are sure his crooked nose isn't the palepoi nose lol? just wondering. i heard that samoan lady taking 4th yeah i didn't get to see it but that's awesome.
well i guess that is a hard decision to make. but hey im sure he does great when his family is watching him. are sure his crooked nose isn't the palepoi nose lol? just wondering. i heard that samoan lady taking 4th yeah i didn't get to see it but that's awesome.
CINE!!!! peek a boo, i found you!!! Geesh you're a good blogger, i've barely jumped on and can't get enough of reading about other people's lives (what, niele?)to ever write anything interesting. DOES SA KNOW YOU CALLED HIS TEAM "CHIHUAHUAS"???? LOL! TOO FUNNY. WELL, VISIT MY B(ORING)LOG ANYTIME. KISS DA GIRLS FOR ME!
Post a Comment