I never thought I'd say this but today's busy day of shopping and running around from store to store with my two little ones has been one of my most favorite days ever!
Today we made stops at different stores: Walmart, Costco, Big Kmart, Smiths and Checkers Auto parts, and McDonalds!
Each stop took a lot of work when it came to unbuckling from the car seats; buckling into carts; changing a dirty diaper in the "tires aisle"-(it was the only one closest to a garbage can); putting back all the candies that were sneaked into the cart while in line at the cashier's; loading groceries; unbuckling out of the carts; buckling back into car seats; and repeating the whole ordeal at the next store!
Checker's was the only one without the luxury of a cart... so I had to lug my chubby-saiga (Heiress) from arm to arm while Coretta had the store all to herself! It was a bit crazy to some extent but I actually had some kind of control of the situation! Either that or my girls were feeling very generous with me today! =)
All in all... even though I mixed up their car seats a few times (doesn't matter because they both have the same kind)... and I missed one or two items that I had hoped to grab while at the store - - - - it was actually very very relaxing for me!
Call me crazy - but I think a day out and about with a long "to-do" list sure beats staying at home waiting for Sa to get home from work.
Anyway - happy Labor Day weekend everybody!... whether you're out on a mini vacation...or "stay-cation"... stay safe!
3 comments:
yeah i like to run errands as well. my kids usually enjoy it cause they are out of our small place. but im glad you enjoyed it super mom.
busy mommy oh my gosh just drive my way on one of your busy days!! (hint hint) hahaha
sounds like fun indeed..
and it sure does make the time go a whole lot faster...
Post a Comment