I just got off the phone with a good ol' friend of mine from my college days! It was real fun to catch up and see how we were faring after 3years of not seeing each other!!!
She lives here in Utah also! (go figure) And she's in the army and is getting ready to be deployed to Afghanistan later on in the year!:(. She's excited about it all and was really selling her life in the military to me - except the slight difference factor I have to deal with is the "family" one! :). Maybe in another life. Nonetheless, I am extremely proud of her! She's come so far and I suspect that she, herself, might not have seen a U.S military role played in her adolescent years.
She was kind enough to compliment my own present day status as a wife and mom. I can't believe that 3years ago we were in dorm rooms in BYU-Hawaii talking about needing quarters for our laundry; making weekly midnight runs to the local Chevron to buy noodles, chips and phonecards (*winks to sa*); having very little care in the world we were a part of! The social scene was all that we lived for! And now - - - hehe... I'm juggling family life like my own depended on it each day....and she's juggling her own life which she's ready and willing to put on the line for this great country!
I personally feel that that's the true meaning of life; PROGRESS! It may come in different forms but whether or not some life-changing incident leads you to find yours, you HAVE to stick with it!
We realized that we both have friends who live like they've decided to put progress on hold. I hate to judge people but what are they thinking?
Putting progress on hold is like having no reason or purpose in life. I admit I don't fully understand where I'm headed in this life - but I know what direction I'm heading towards...and that's FORWARD.
This time two years ago, Sa and I had a brand new baby and NOTHING to our names. We were living with friends and our future as a family was looking pretty shabby; We had no car, and only bags full of clothes but I swear our hopes were definitely ready to soar in this new adventure together.
Now.... we enjoy independence as a family. We have TWO little girls who we can actually provide for, and we seem to be getting by with the help of a power beyond our own. Some could say we're doing pretty well now; But most days we fail to remember that we've come so far and feel like we're heading nowhere once again. Those of us who know better, know that no matter how far you go in life, or how many obstacles in life you face.... there's always room for more progress.
Hopefully, in the next two years (God willing), I'll be able to blog about further progression as a family.
To all readers: Take some time out of your day to reflect on your progress as a person and as a family unit. It's okay to pat yourself on the back for not giving up or putting it all on hold!
Okay - that was one of my few serious notes to date.... now I have to go deal with my 1yr old's "result" of growth progress......a.k.a "a dirty diaper"....
2 comments:
amen sista....i second those thoughts on progression. i have to remind myself everyday of that concept and just trust that each new day will bring new opportunity. cheers....here's to progression!
wow, some deep stuff there sista..
i luv it, and I personally take my hat off to YOU. You're wonderwoman in every essence of the word..hehe
The Lord has surely blessed you and your young, beautiful family
mwuahz
Post a Comment