My...my....my....what an eventful week we've had!
Now unless you've lived under a rock you're entire life, you probably knew that the Utah Samoan Culture Celebrations just happened this past week. That, to me, already spells CHAOS!... haha... I don't mean to hate, but I know from experience and observation that Samoans (like many other cultures) get a bit on the crazy side when "organisation" and "celebration" are in the same sentence. Doing both at the same time is almost nearly impossible!
Now unless you've lived under a rock you're entire life, you probably knew that the Utah Samoan Culture Celebrations just happened this past week. That, to me, already spells CHAOS!... haha... I don't mean to hate, but I know from experience and observation that Samoans (like many other cultures) get a bit on the crazy side when "organisation" and "celebration" are in the same sentence. Doing both at the same time is almost nearly impossible!
Nonetheless it was also a fun week!!! Despite there being TWO Samoan Associations holding separate events simultaneously - (this bickering and praise-seeking has to stop .. seriously!); or the fact that I got into a crazy showdown with a server from Dee's Family Restaurant over lousy service on my Birthday no less - (I turned 24yrs on Wed. and I hate Dee's food and service now); not forgetting Sa and his injured leg which got worse after playing 3 games and he STILL managed to bust his nose after all of that! (now he's limping and looks like 30 bees stung him in the face! Gosh!!!); My Coretta also got a little sunburn and Heiress is dealing with fever as a result of the 1yr shots/immunizations she got and the lovely process of teething! (Did I mention she's highly clingy towards her dad?? This week was the most traumatic for her with all the guests we had at home too!!); .......................................
SO ANYWAY - Despite all of THAT - we still managed to have some fun! We got to get some outdoors time with the girls by watching and supporting Sa's rugby games! We even got to check out the venue where all the flagweek entertainment was happening and enjoyed some tunes from Katchafire (I think), and Jamoa Jam and some other people... (I'm not too savvy in that department!). We even ran into some family and old friends at the different events! Though I have to admit that half of them I still don't remember their names and if I did, it wasn't until I clicked 2 days later!!! (I'm good with faces though...does that count???).... We enjoyed having our guests from Cali over the house as well; they were quite an entertaining crew! Iopu and his wife Fa make great company and my girls loved them! And Asi was plain ol' Asi: funny as hell, but he scared the living lights out of Heiress! And who can forget the twins?? Ata and Nese: I learnt that the only way to tell them apart - was that one grew a little tuft of tail-hair longer than the other and that that same one had a bigger butt!!! Other than that - I've never been more amazed to see grown twins not only TOGETHER but also wearing the SAME OUTFITS most times!!!! And then there was their "smooth" friend David! This dude was a cooooool cat! - I never heard anyone ask for a computer charger like he was sweet talkin' a chick on their first date!... haha... "good times! good times!".... We even got a chance to fit in some last minute shopping at the booths during the event but only Sa and Coretta got lucky picks with the clothes they got! Heiress and I settled for the mango/pineapple juice and tasty bbq!!! (So much for getting back on track with "healthy eating"! oops!)
Anyhow here are some look-sees to show off from last week.... ENJOY!!!
Sa played for the Salt Lake Blues (they placed 4th out of 8)
some family and friends we met up with
Sa's Number 1 supporter cheering for him!
2 comments:
oh gosh,
Ata and Nese were there or was it only Nese?
Man those punks..and lol @ telling them apart..girlfran, you can always tell its Ata coz he's such a 'fiaaulelei' and Nese is always the scruffy looking one..lol..they'll kill me if they see this..
luv to the babies
ehehehe..yes darls
It's good ol me..lol
There's alot of thing you dont know about me..ahar..choohooo..
like the fact that i do blog, since 2005.ehehe..oh wait, i dont blog, I ramble about random things..ehehe..like wen im bored, which is like almost all the time..hehe..loving ur space mamas
Post a Comment